Here at Talk Mortgage Peterborough, we understand the need to get the best deal on your mortgage possible. With very uncertain times ahead of us, there is no better time to start considering remortgaging. With years of specialist experience, you can be safe knowing we will do our best for you.
“The average new two-year fixed rate – which was 4.74% has sky rocketed to 6.16% in October 2022, according to the data firm Moneyfacts. It was a similar story with five-year fixes, with the average rate shooting to 6.07%.” (source)
When is Remortgaging not a good idea?
Remortgaging is not always recommended. If you’re in one of the following situations, you might not find a cheaper deal:
- Your financial situation has changed
- You’ve had credit problems
- To avoid paying an early repayment charge
- You have little equity
- You don’t have much left to repay
- You’re already on a competitive rate